MyMeteor Log in
Poster
Zoemaria
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy S4 wont receive MMS

Hi

My Samsung galaxy S4 wont receive picture messages from people on the vodafone network. A few people on the network have tried sending me pictures but either they arrive with no notification days later, or not at all.

It seems to be related to my phone.

Please advise

Thanks
Zoe

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Adam
Kudos: 413
Solutions: 166

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 wont receive MMS

Hi Zoemaria,

To receive picture messages you have to have the 3G data enabled on your phone. You may only be switching it on intermittently which would explain why you are receiving the MMS' at those times. Can you try sending or receiving one while the 3G data is switched on?

-Adam

Help & Support Home Page | Forum T&C's - Please read | Meteor web-chat

Please note that unsolicited PMs will not be answered. Try using our 'Search Bar' in the top right hand corner as your question could already be answered, if not just drop a post in a relevant thread or set one up yourself.

The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

Hi Adam

My 3G data is always on, it is never off.

Thanks

Zoe

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Adam

Hi Zoemaria,

It could be down to the coverage in your area, how's your reception overall otherwise? have you tried (successfully) to send an MMS to someone else?

The phone should be set up to receive MMS but if you would like info on what the settings should be just click here.

-Adam

Please note that unsolicited PMs will not be answered. Try using our 'Search Bar' in the top right hand corner as your question could already be answered, if not just drop a post in a relevant thread or set one up yourself.

Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

Hi Adam,

My reception is fine. i can receive photos from meteor customers no problem. I can send pictures to any network and they are received no problem too. I just cannot receive from other networks. All the settings are ok.

Thanks

Zoe

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Adam

Hi Zoemaria,

I've just spoke with our Tech Team there and they've made a couple changes to your settings.

Can you remove the battery from your phone (while on) and then turn it back on please? You should (hopefully) be good to go after this... If not, I would advise you to get a replacement Sim card (free in store). After that if the issue is still there get back on to us and we'll investigate further :smileyhappy:

-Adam

Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

Hi Adam
That didn't work unfortunately. I'll get a new sim card and give that a go.
Thanks
Zoe
Please use plain text.
Meteor_Grainne
Topics: 3
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 239

No problem Zoe,

Hopefully this will resolve the issue for you.

Grainne

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

Hi there

I have got a new Sim and it has made no difference. 3 people tried to send me MMS last night and they never came through. One MMS came through last night that was sent on monday.

Thanks

Zoe

Please use plain text.
Comet
daniel_murray

I wonder could this be a Vodafone issue and not Meteor. You should ask one of your friends to get in total with Vodafone customer care just to be sure.
A quick solution to bypass the problem would be to just use Viber or WhatsApp to send your pictures. Faster delivery than network sent messages too
Here to help.... or try at least :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

Hi

The people sending the messages have sent them to other meteor contacts no problem.

Viber and whatsapp are not the answer. Not everyone has smart phones, and as this is an issue with either my phone or network, i think it should get resolved.

Thanks

Zoe

Please use plain text.
Comet
daniel_murray

Ya it definitely should, it's looking like it's your account. I'm sure meteor will get their techs working on it for you
Here to help.... or try at least :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

Hi, is there any chance of a Meteor reply? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Grainne

Hi Zoe,

Have you inserted your SIM into another phone? Is it the same issue?

Grainne

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

Hi Grainne

I tried another phone and it didnt work

Thanks

Zoe

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Grainne

Thanks Zoe,

Would it be possible for you to go to a Meteor store and get an agent to take a look at the phone for you an see what the issue is.

Grainne

Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

I was in a store last week and the agent said that there was nothing wrong and thats just how MMS is. Use whatsapp

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Grainne

Sorry to hear that Zoemaria,

Could you ensure that you only have mobile data switched on your phone and send yourself an MMS.

Let me know what happens.

Grainne

Please use plain text.
Poster
Zoemaria

Hi Grainne

I can send myself an MMS and receive it straight away and i can receive MMS from my fiance who is also Meteor.

Thanks

Zoe

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Grainne

Thanks Zoe,

Could you know get someone from another network to send you an MMS and see if it delivers. Make sure you have wifi disabled on the phone.

Grainne

Please use plain text.