MyMeteor Log in
Regular Poster
McConnell717

Not receiving text messages on Galaxy S3

Hi,

A friend has brought to my attention that more than half of her messages arn't coming through to my Galaxy S3. It happened originally a few weeks back and about 15 texts came through at once. It seemed to be fine for a while but it started again a few days ago. She is the only one who has mentioned it to me and i'm worried about missing other texts that may have been sent aswell. I have taken out my battery, put my microsim into my iPhone4 to see if the missing texts would come through and nothing helped. I also tried to clear the messaging cache but when I scrolled down to the button, the writing was light grey and pressing it wasn't an option. I would really appreciate if you could get back to me asap on this, it's quite worrying considering I only purchased the phone in September.

Thanks in advance,

Sophie.

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby
Topics: 26
Kudos: 561
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 149

Re: Not receiving text messages on Galaxy S3

Hi Sophie,

When you have all of you conversations open in messages and you select options, ''Delete threads'' what happens then?

-Bobby
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
McConnell717

Hi Bobby,

I deleted more than half of the threads last night and the messages still havn't come through this morning. I restarted the phone after deleting them but no luck. I don't think it can be a memory thing because I only have 19 convos and most of them are small enough.

Thanks,

Sophie.

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Hey Sophie,

When you say you restarted the phone did you take the SIM out and leave it back in?
Considering the SIM was put into a different phone and the same thing happened it's more than likely the SIM.
Are there many contacts saved on the SIM?
Can you go to this particular contact you noticed the issue with and check whether you have applied any blocks to it. This can happen sometimes with Samsungs.

-Bobby
-Bobby
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
McConnell717

Hi Bobby,

I have 200 contacts in my phonebook and I checked the contact, no blocks on it. I did take out the sim and battery and nothing happened. If I replaced the sim and the issue was still there, what would happen from there?

Thanks,

Sophie.

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Thanks Sophie,

Most SIM's would hold about 250 or more contacts without difficulty. If there was a SIM swap done with your number and the issue was still occurred then the phone may need to be looked at in store.

-Bobby

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
McConnell717

That's great thanks Bobby.

I'll get a replacement sim tomorrow in store and if it doesn't fix the situation we can go from there.

Thanks for your help.

Sophie.

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

No worries Sophie,

I wish you the all best with it :-)

Thanks

-Bobby

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
McConnell717

Hi Bobby,

Unfortunately i'm back to you again about the same issue. Since we last spoke, I have gotten a replacement sim which didn't fix the problem, i've been on the phone to customer care 4 times and visited 2 different meteor stores and nobody has any idea what the problem is other than the fact that it is nothing to do with my handset and the issue is something to do with my account even though everything looks perfect on the system according to tech support. I've put the new sim into an iphone 4 and even bought a pay as you go sim to test in my galaxy and it works perfectly. On Saturday night, about 80 texts came through to my phone and I was under the impression everything was back in working order until this evening (Monday), texts stopped coming through again. Since this is the 3rd time this has happened in less than a month i'm now at a stage where I don't feel that continuing my contract is an option. I have an 18month contract which started last September, can you advise me where I need to go from here please?

Thanks in advance,

Sophie.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
McConnell717

Sorry, when I say that I put the replacement microsim into my iphone 4 I obviously mean that it still doesn't work whereas the pay as you go sim I bought works in both phones!

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
McConnell717

Can anyone help me out?

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Hi Sophie,

Apologies for the delay here.
Just to confirm, between Saturday evening and Monday evening, did you save all of your 200 contacts to your SIM?
Can you try to back these contact up to your G-mail account and also to the phones memory and delete most of these contacts from the SIM.
This may not be the direct issue, but for the most part SIMs hold about 200-300 contacts.
I would just like to rule this out as a factor.
How many texts approximately did you send between Saturday and Monday? Have you tried to delete some of these again?

-Bobby

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
McConnell717

Hi Bobby,

My contacts arn't on the sim at all, they are saved to my phone and the sim has been replaced. On Wednesday night things seemed to go back to normal but this evening my messages have stopped coming through again. I believe this is the 5th time is has happened to me in 5 weeks now. I see that other people are having the same problem. Have Meteor come up with any reason or pattern as to why this is happening? Is it bill pay only or pay as you go also? Is it a specific make of phone that is having difficulty or is it a general problem? I appreciate the help you have given me so far but unless this is rectified once and for all I am unfortunately going to have to take some serious action regarding the continuation of my contract.

Thanks,

Sophie.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
McConnell717

Can anyone give me some feedback here please? This issue needs to be sorted out at this stage.

Please use plain text.
Poster
FunderStruck

Having the same problem since November and have tried everything suggested but nothing works.

Did you get this sorted?

Please use plain text.
Poster
fillup

The exact same thing is happening to me. It started about 2 months ago. It stopped for a month but started again last week, I'm only getting a small portion of my texts. I got a replacement sim and did all the other suggestions I was told in the shop and on the meteor chat. On the metoer chat the agent told me the same thing happened to her phone but it doesn't get better and putting it in flight mode for a while sometimes helps her phone (it didn't for me). This isn't ideal since I have 11 months left on my contract and can't trust my phone to receive texts. Any one have any info? 

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Hi there fillup,

Have you checked that the contacts that you aren't receiving messages from are not on your phone's ''Reject list''. This is symbolised by a blue ''Not allowed'' sign.

-Bobby

Please use plain text.
Poster
fillup

Hi Bobby, I've checked that before and again there and they are not on the reject list. It was affecting everyone that texted me, even my parents who's numbers I don't have in my contacts, as well as messages I sent to myself to test if i wasn't receiving texts, checking my remaining data& minutes from meteor by texting 50104. It wasn't every message that wasn't being received though as some were coming through. Yesterday then 56 messages came at the same time from various people and from meteor with all the balance requests I made. I have screenshots from when messages that I didn't receive were sent and now all the messages that were received and some of them were sent over a week ago. It might be the case that my phone works grand for another week or two but then the same thing would happen again (as it did in May but I just didn't have time to sort it apart from getting a replacement sim from meteor). I don't know if you can check how the thread starters situation was resolved from your records because it seems very similar to mine.

Phil.

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Thanks Phil,

Was it the SIM swap which seemed to fix things for you the last time for about a month?

-Bobby

Please use plain text.
Poster
fillup

No, it still wasn't right for a few weeks. I just used my data to whatsapp and viber but tried text again when I was close to going over my data and it seemed to be ok for a while until the start of last week it strted acting up again.

phil.

Please use plain text.