Poster
Clio64

Not receiving texts

I'm not sure if this is a coverage issue but could not find an appropriate forum. Since yesterday I have not been receiving texts from, as far as I know, just one person in particular. I have received a couple of texts from this person but most that he is sending are not being delivered to my phone. He has been told that there are no errors in his account and I was told that there were some on mine but that they have now been fixed. However, the problem is still persisting. As far as I know the problem is just with this one number that is also meteor but it may be with more as I have no way of knowing.

Please use plain text.
JimmyIreland
Kudos: 1,331
Solutions: 146

Re: Not receiving texts

Try clearing up your sms in phone and reboot phone.

NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone expert,find me on twitter @jimboireland
METEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905

Please use plain text.
Poster
Clio64

I've tried this twice and it hasn't worked. I'm not sure if the problem is just with receiving texts from other meteor customers. This is what it appears to be as I am having no problem receiving texts from other networks. 

Please use plain text.
JimmyIreland

Can you send sms ok?

NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer like you,I spend my free time here to help others,Multiple forum Master and balanced,Mobile Phone expert,find me on twitter @jimboireland

Please use plain text.
Poster
Clio64

I have run out of credit but until then I could send sms with no problems.

Please use plain text.
JimmyIreland

The phone is?

Please use plain text.
Poster
Clio64

Samsung Galaxy Mini

Please use plain text.
JimmyIreland

[ Edited ]

Ok generally this would be message related,inbox and sent folders are cleared?,Have you many apps on the phone?

is there anybody else in family or around on meteor having the same issue?

Please use plain text.
Poster
Clio64

Thanks for your help. I cleared all my text messages. I have quite a few apps but none that I can delete and I still have a good bit of free memory on the phone. I haven't heard of anyone else with the same problem but have spoken to a friend who had texted me yesterday who is also meteor. It seems that I'm not receiving texts from any meteor customers unless they are sent via webtext. I think a trip to the meteor store may be in order unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby
Topics: 26
Kudos: 564
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 174

Hey Clio64,

Did you make it in store?

-Bobby
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
Please use plain text.
Poster
Clio64

No and I probably won't for another week so any help would be appreciated. Still not receiving any texts from meteor numbers but every other network is fine

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Hey Clio,

A lot of Samsungs can block texts coming in from some numbers. Can you go into your Settings Menu then click on Applications, go to Messages then text messages and it should come up with ''block number'' if there are any numbers in there just take them out.

-Bobby
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

Please use plain text.
Poster
Clio64

There's no option for this in my settings menu and I've gone through all of the other settings and there is none there either. I had been receiving texts from this number up until about 4 days ago and I haven't made any changes to my phone in that time

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Hi Clio,

Can when you go into the contact's message conversation with this specific person, and click settings, is there any ''block'' setting there?

-Bobby

Please use plain text.
Poster
Clio64

No there is no option for this. I am still receiving webtexts from this person, well I was until their webtexts stopped working... but surely my phone would block all texts from this person anyway if I had their number blocked? I haven't made any changes to my phone recently so I really don't think this is the problem

Please use plain text.
Poster
Clio64

I tried my sim in another phone and got all the messages so it is definitely a problem with my phone unfortunately

Please use plain text.
JimmyIreland

You could back up your data and hard reset the phone,this is a last case resort,if the phone was working fine beforehand,it should have no reason not to after that

Please use plain text.