MyMeteor Log in
Newbie Poster
mcoveney

Problems Receiving Text Messages

Hi,

I've had problems receiving text messages on and off for a couple of years now. On my previous phone i often received texts with *some text missing* at the end and once i got my current phone(LG Optimus) the problem persisted. I frequently don't receive the ends of messages and often messages don't come through at all. Sometimes days later they all come through at once but sometimes i never receve them. 

The message centre number on my phone is correct and i don't think it's a problem with the phone or the amount of free memory as it was an issue on my previous phone and started happening almost straight away when i got a new one. Any suggestions? I've had the same sim card for a few years now so maybe time to get a new one?or a new meteor account entirely?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Mark

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Steve
Topics: 43
Kudos: 581
Blog Posts: 1
Solutions: 105

Re: Problems Receiving Text Messages

Sounds like it may be an issue with the SIM card, when was the last time you changed it?

Steven

Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
mcoveney

Yeah the SIM seems to be the common factor in all this,haven't changed it in three years or so i think. I'll head in to a store and ask for a new one sure.

Cheers,

Mark

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Rachael
Topics: 2
Kudos: 74
Solutions: 14

HI mcoveney,

Do that Mark and let us know how you get on or if you need anything else give us a shout here :smileyhappy:

Rachael

Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.
Please use plain text.