Newbie Poster
Dobby11
Accepted Solution

Phone calls from 00 number

in the last two days i have recived 10 phone calls from the number 00. the times of these calls were

01/05/2013   @16.53

01/05/2013   @16.49

01/05/2013   @15.46

01/05/2013   @14.22

01/05/2013   @14.18

01/05/2013   @12.56

01/05/2013   @11.50

01/05/2013   @10.45

30/04/2013   @13.53

30/04/2013   @12.41

i rang customer service and they said it was the sales team and gave me their number to ring 014115062. i then rang them and the person i got on the phone said it was not them as they only deal with bill pay clients and i am on pre pay package but he said it could be a different department and reccomended me to answer it the next time thay ring. the only problem with that is when the number rings it wont ring for long enough for me to answer it.

after some internet reasearch i have seen some people saying that it is meteor ringing and other people saying it is a scam. would one of the meteor repasentavies on here be able to contact me via this to confirm if it is meteor ringing me or provide me with a number to return a call to them as i am still not sure if it is meteor or a scam.

Please use plain text.
LauraM88

00 mysterious calls...what are they?

Receiving a few calls with just the number 00. I saw on boards.ie that quite a few meteor customers receive these and that it may actually be meteor sales people. Can anyone clarify this? Is it a scam?
Please use plain text.
JimmyIreland
Kudos: 1,257
Solutions: 138

Re: 00 mysterious calls...what are they?

[ Edited ]

I addressed this a few weeks back on another thread,the number is a call from one of the outbound teams.So its not a scam.

NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer.I give my spare time here to help others,I am device pilot and an app tester,multiple forum advisor .Also do some radio talk and on Twitter @jimboireland .
METEOR NUMBERS - PAYG: 1747 BillPAY: 1905

Please use plain text.
JimmyIreland

Re: Phone calls from 00 number

This 00 issue is ongoing and i mentioned it a while back and was told it was addressed ,obviously it has not been as there has been a question asking the same today.

The number is not a scam.This is an outgoing call from meteor .
Your safe.

NOTE-I am a Meteor Mobile customer.I give my spare time here to help others,I am device pilot and an app tester,multiple forum advisor .Also do some radio talk and on Twitter @jimboireland .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mimcca

I've got those calls too. Will not be answering until they fix display number or simple displaying meteor. Jimmy sounds like your working for meteor?

mimcca
Long-Term Meteor Mobile & Broadband Customer
Follow & Tweet me @mimcca
* If I have given you helpful Info, feel free to give me some Kudo's :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
JimmyIreland

No I ain't and I've highlighted this issue here myself with the call on my phone, with a screen shot.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mimcca

Jimmy you mentioned one of our outbound teams. So take it you where quoting a meteor response

mimcca
Long-Term Meteor Mobile & Broadband Customer
Follow & Tweet me @mimcca
* If I have given you helpful Info, feel free to give me some Kudo's :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby
Topics: 26
Kudos: 564
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 174

Hi there Dobby11,

This number is from one of out outbound teams.
However it should not have called you this many times within 2 days.
Has it called since?

-Bobby
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
Dobby11

@ bobby 

no they have not called me since i posted this

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby
Topics: 26
Kudos: 564
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 174

No problem Dobby11,

The dialer will usually call you once a day during business hours over 3 days.

Your number may now have been taken off the dialer.

-Bobby
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
Please use plain text.