MyMeteor Log in
Newbie Poster
gerrr

Theft of money via Direct Debit

Hi,

I phoned in October to cancel my account.

I was told to email cancellations@meteor.ie which I could not do as I have very limited access to email.

Money has been taken from my account for October, November, December and I have just received an invoice for January also.

I have not used the service since October when I told you I wished to cancel the account.

I have since emailed cancellations@meteor.ie requesting the funds be returned to me, and after 7 days I have still not received a response.

This is absolutely ridiculous that you are essentially stealing money from my account. 

No reply to my email, and now you are going to take another months payment from my bank account. 

When does this end?

Am I under some sort of obligation to keep paying you despite being on a month rolling contract which the terms and conditions stated I can cancel any time?

Why are you taking money from my bank account for a service I have not and cannot even use due to moving house to an area with no Meteor reception?

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby
Topics: 26
Kudos: 560
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 149

Re: Theft of money via Direct Debit

Hi gerrr,

I have sent a request to the cancellation department for the bills to be dealt with after I can confirm in your last two bills there was no usage.
We need written confirmation for the account to be cancelled, and with the help of the guys in online surveys, after you had taken one, we are looking at getting this sorted ASAP.
I will be back to you as soon as I have more info.

Thanks
-Bobby
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Forum Terms of Service... Please Read

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

The forum is moderated from Monday-Friday - 9AM-5PM.
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
gerrr

Thanks for the reply, please let me know as soon as there is an update on this.

Regards,

Geraldine

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Hi gerrr,

I got more info on this.
I have confirmed you had no usage in you last two bill so you are due back €20.33 after this was direct debited.
The bill you received hasn't been paid yet so I can clear it.

Would you like me to apply this credit to your pay as you go account as call credit?

-Bobby
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsolicited PMs will not be answered, use our 'Search Bar'' in the top right hand corner, your question may already have been answered but if not, drop a post on a relevant thread, or set one up yourself.

Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
gerrr

Hi Bobby,

Firstly, thanks for sorting this for me.

Unfortunately a refund to a pay as you go account is more or less useless to me as I moved to a new area which has no Meteor reception - it is the reason I cancelled the account in the first place.

What other options do I have for retrieving the money?

Thanks,

Geraldine

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Grainne
Topics: 2
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 227

Hi Geraldine,

I have sent a request for the refund to be processed to the bank account registered to your Meteor account.

The refund will take 10 working days to be processed.

Grainne

Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
gerrr

Another bill came in the post yesterday.

Why have I received another bill?

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Bobby

Hey gerrr,

This final credit bill of €24.99 is to be issued into your bank account.

Your bill date is the 5th, and we converted you back to PAYG on the 10th. It was the 5th of February when you were due to receive your credit back from the first time you signed up to bill pay.

I have pushed this credit back to you and it will apply to your bank account in 10 working days time.

Thanks
-Bobby

Please use plain text.