Kudos: 584
Blog Posts: 1
Solutions: 105
Accepted Solution

How to unlock your iPhone 4s (Updated)

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay.

We have a procedure in place for unlocking the iPhone 4s for the interim while the main points of the procedure are locked down. (The below is subject to review at any time)

PAYG – Standards terms and conditions apply, once you top up by €130 you can request the code through customer care.

Bill Pay –If you are looking for a code for your phone please contact our customer care team and they can advise you on your eligibility for the code. However, in most cases (99.9999999% of the time), it can only be given out at the end of a contract.  If you are out of contract please give us a call with the following:

•MSISDN

•Account number

•IMEI

•Model

And we can get you the code.

Couple of points to note:

-        Apple will unlock the phone but you must synch the phone to iTunes to confirm this has been done.

-        If you put in an alternative SIM card after you unlock the phone, in certain cases the phone will lock to that SIM cards network. In this case you may have to contact that network for the NUC. (I'm waiting on full confirmation of this).

Thanks,

Steven

Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.
Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
jaygarvey

iPhone Unlock Frustration

[ Edited ]

Read that iPhone unlock procedure is available as of today on this forum.
Rang customer care and spoke to James.
Was told that Meteor do not unlock iPhones and that the only way to do it is to request it from Apple myself and that this has been Meteors policy for the past 9months!
I told him this was not the case and to check these forums. He replied that what I said was wrong and there was no such procedure or plan to put it in place.
I then asked for supervisor only be told he wasn't available but might be later.
He refused to be of any further help.
So I decided to ring Apple who of course say that there is no way that I can request an unlock code myself and that it must be done through Meteor!

Waste of both Apples and my time.

Please use plain text.
Poster
Dean2006

iPhone Unlock Frustration

[ Edited ]

Would love to know the outcome of this. Im going to call them on monday myself, I'll keep ya posted if i've any better luck

Please use plain text.
Meteor_Steve
Topics: 43

Re: Do not delete - iPhone Unlock Frustration

Sorry I was out yesterday guys... Can I ask what number you called and I'll speak with the agent in question?

Steven

Unsolicited PM's will not be answered, please set up a thread if you need help with a query.
Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
jaygarvey

Re: iPhone Unlock Frustration

Hi Steven,

Was the normal 1905 number.
Please use plain text.
Meteor_Steve

Thanks,

I will have to wait until tuesday to get confirmation as regards the bill pay portion of the NUC process (i.e. eligibility), however one thing that I can definitely confirm is that the code is requested through us.

Steven

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
jaygarvey

Thanks Stephen.
I'm not on full length contract anymore only the 30 day now so should be able to get it. I fully plan on sticking with Meteor but am heading to France again soon and I use a sim from over there.
Please use plain text.
Poster
Dean2006

Hi steven. Im in the sameboat as jaygarvey. Im on a 30 day contract, ive had it since november and dont intend on moving from meteor, but would like to have my phone unlocked for work travel and holidays, so would be great to know where we stand on the whole unlock code code situation. I was going to call CC on moday but i will wait for your confirmation on tuesday first and see what happens from there. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Meteor Maestro
optimus

" If you put in an alternative SIM card after you unlock the phone, in certain cases the phone will lock to that SIM cards network. In this case you may have to contact that network for the NUC. (I'm waiting on full confirmation of this)"

Quote from Steven's How to unlock your iPhone thread. 

I need clarification on the above. If I buy a phone sim free or from another network and put my Meteor sim in it you are saying it will become locked to Meteor? Thats just plain outrageous! 

Please enlighten as to why you would 1) Lock my phone to your network 2) Require me to contact you to unlock my already unlocked phone 3) How you would expect other networks to unlock phones purchased from your network?

Thanks in advance, 

O

Please use plain text.
iainrowe

iPhone 4 Unlock

Hi,

I am new to this thread but had been watching vividly and I am in the same position where I paid outright for my phone on pay as you go.

The Ironic thing is 2 laptops are stolen from Meteor ( as per letter i received) with my personal information and many others and all I receive is €30 credit. I would rather they provided me with the unlock as I could technically lose a lot more in cloning of documents and what not.

Iain
Please use plain text.
Meteor_Steve

Hi Optimus,

This is not a network feature, it's a feature of the handset AFAIK. As above I've asked for this to be confirmed before I leave it in for definite.

Steven

Please use plain text.
Meteor Maestro
optimus

Meteor_Steven wrote:
Hi Optimus,

This is not a network feature, it's a feature of the handset AFAIK. As above I've asked for this to be confirmed before I leave it in for definite.

Steven

Thanks for the reply. I'm also checking this with Apple & Comreg.

O

Please use plain text.
Xi
Newbie Poster
Xi

Re: How to unlock your iPhone 4s (Updated)

Hi steven, Im a iphone 4 user of meteor, So u mean, once i get my iphone unlocked, and for example i put in the vodafone sim, then my iphone will lock to vodafone, is it right? Xi
Please use plain text.
Meteor_Steve

This would only be applicable to the 4s, but as far as I am currently aware that is what happens when you put another SIM in.

Steven

Please use plain text.
Xi
Newbie Poster
Xi

Ok. Thanks for your reply.
Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
Philipf

Hi Steven,

I have a Iphone 4 under contract. I don't like the phone and have given it to my daughter who wants to use it on another network.

Is it possible to get the unlocking code for her. Obviously my 2 year contract still stands as i am using a different phone on it.

Philip

Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
Philipf

Hi,

I have been waiting 72 hours for a supervisor to contact me from meteor. This is supposed to happen within 48 hours.

Anyone else have the same problem.

Philip.

Please use plain text.
Poster
chack

I rang up customer care and the girl said theres still no way to unlock the 4s. Have they not been informed of this yet? Pretty frustrating sitting on hold to talk to someone who hasn't a clue!!
Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
jaygarvey

Applied for it today.
Took my details and hopefully a two week turnaround time to getting the Unlock Code.
Please use plain text.
Poster
Dean2006

Hi guys. Just off the phone to meteor about the unlocking code and got the same answer as everyone else seems to be gettin. "Sorry, meteor do not unlock iPhones". So I debated this with the girl and explained to her about the forum and told her about Steven and what he had said and she basically told me that everything Steven said was "untrue". So I asked her to double check with her supervisor or to let me speak to the supervisor. She popped me on hold and came back a few minutes later and apologised to me sayin that they have recently received the unlocking codes but she had not been informed of this. So I'm not sure if meteor are neglecting to tell their staff that they have received the unlocking codes or if they are telling the staff to play dumb because they don't want to give them out. So when you call them don't take no for an answer, ask for a supervisor or tell them to double check with their supervisor because they have got the codes. Now I bought my iPhone 4s pay as you go and stuck a bill pay sim in so I'm not sure if it'll be different for anyone else who is tied to them by contract, so dont go eating the head of someone when they genuinely cant give you the code, haha, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks a million for all the help and advice Steven, if I were you I'd be sending an email to all the customer care team and gettin them to stop calling me a liar, haha
Please use plain text.